cava & wine online shop

Shopping Cart - 0

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Wine Raventós i Blanc Montserrat 2012

Be the first to review this product

Availability: Out of stock

22.00 €

  • White wine
  • Winery: Raventós i Blanc
  • Region: D.O. Conca del Riu Anoia
  • Grapes: Xarel·lo
  • Bottle: 75 cl

  • Availability: Out of stock

    Wine Raventós i Blanc Montserrat

    Our most ambitious white wine. A faithful reflection of the complexity and elegance of the Xarel.lo from our emblematic Viña de la Casa.

    • Type: D.O. Conca del Riu Anoia
    • Alcohol: 12,50% vol.
    • Grape varieties: Xarel·lo 100%
    • Tartaric acidity: 7,03 gr/l.
    • PH: 3,08
    • Service temperature: 5-7ºC

     

    Selection of plots

    Viña de la Casa, of eastern aspect, on chalky soil formed in the Miocene with the presence of marine fossils with a clay loam texture, with little depth and low organic matter content. Planted in 1970, the vines maintain the traditional goblet formation.

     

    Harvest

    Autumn and winter was a period with contrasting weather conditions. A warm and rainy winter; we accumulated 186 L/m2 of rain, which was very important for filling the water capacity of the soil. The months covering the plant growth period were warm and dry. August began with maximum temperatures over 35 ºC and a growth cycle with very little water. The harvest has resulted in low production levels but very high quality, with good balances for our sparkling wines and excellent health.

    The crop year saw a low precipitation level of 486 L/m2 and the average temperature was 15.2 ºC with extreme maximum and minimum temperatures.

     

    Viticulture

    Biodynamic viticulture. A vineyard with spontaneous vegetation coverage which affords biodiversity, fertility and gives the soil a lot of life. We add manure from our animals, composted in the winter, and we perform a short goblet pruning.

    Use of plants and herbal infusions to minimize the use of copper and sulphur. Control of Lobesia Botrana by means of sexual confusion. Testing of fruit and maturation controls before the harvest. Manual harvest.

     

    Winemaking

    The grapes enter the winery by gravity. A special maceration to obtain the desired color intensity and increasing our aromatic complexity. At each stage atmosphere controlled with dry ice. Slow pressing at low pressure, blending the qualities of the musts. Static sedimentation at low temperatures. Alcoholic fermentation separated by soil, in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature and ageing of the 80 % of the wine on full lees for 11 months in french oak casks of 2-3 years of age. The other 20% of the wine ages in a stainless steel tank. 1165 bottles.

    100 % Xarel.lo harvested the 12th of September.

    Additional Information

    Winery Raventós i Blanc
    Location Sant Sadurní d'Anoia
    Grape varieties Xarel·lo
    Eco-friendly No
    Denomination of Origin D.O. Conca del Riu Anoia
    Volume 75 cl
    Vintage 2012

    Write Your Own Review

    Conoce la bodega Raventós i Blanc

    cava raventós i blanc

    Raventós i Blanc: Tradición

    Una de las más largas tradiciones vitivinícolas documentadas en manos de la misma familia, en el mundo. Finca familiar desde 1497; 21 generaciones trabajando la misma finca.


    Conca del riu Anoia: el sueño de una DO

    Conca del riu Anoia, el nombre de una zona geográfica con unas características comunes: una historia vitícola milenaria; historia geológica de formación de suelos; variedades autóctonas; clima del Penedés oriental. Vinos sinceros fruto de una finca, de unos suelos, un clima y unas uvas locales.


    • 100% vinificación y elaboración propia
    • 100% viticultura orgánica y biodinámica
    • 100% variedades autóctonas

    Quieres conocer todos los Cavas y Vinos Raventós i Blanc?

    Haz clic para ver Todos los Cavas y Vinos Raventós i Blanc